[mercury-users] Error detection rate in Mercury vs Other Languages (esp C++ and Python)

Charles Shuller charles.shuller at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 01:07:56 AEDT 2011

All,

I'm curious if anyone can share their impressions, or references to
peer-reviewed papers, on the rate of error detection by the Mercury
compiler versus other compilers or run-times/interpreters.

I'm under the impression that the Mercury compiler is able to detect
significantly more errors that a C++ compiler, or Python run-time
(assuming some reasonable test suite); however, I've realized that I
have no basis for that impression, and am wondering if there is any
justification for my belief.

Thanks!

Charles