[mercury-users] Tabling c_pointer values

Chris King colanderman at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 03:22:01 AEST 2011

On Tue, Apr 5, 2011 at 12:32 PM, Julien Fischer
<juliensf at csse.unimelb.edu.au> wrote:
> There is no stable_c_pointer type available and it is unlikely
> we will ever add it, as the c_pointer type will gradually be deprecated
> in favour of foreign types.

Just as a side note: I've found c_pointer still to be useful for one
thing: passing around unadorned C pointers, e.g. pointers to raw video
memory.  I've done this in code interfacing SDL with Cairo (where SDL
presents video memory as a pointer to the graphics buffer, and Cairo
expects it as such) and it works well.  It solves the problem of
having to define a library-neutral representation of a location in
video memory.

- Chris