[mercury-users] prallel grades in windows

Julien Fischer juliensf at csse.unimelb.edu.au
Sun Sep 12 16:45:07 AEST 2010

On Sun, 12 Sep 2010, Paul Bone wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 08:30:40AM +0400, Sergey Khorev wrote:

> Debugging this kind of error will be very difficult without specific knowledge
> of the Mercury runtime system, and compilation strategy.  Such a bug could
> also be within the garbage collector.

The latter is (unfortunately) a strong possibility.  There have been
quite a few patches for Boehm GC since 7.2 alpha 4 (the version we
currently use for Mercury) that were bugfixes for thread-related stuff
on Windows.  (I intend to upgrade the collector again once 7.2 is
released, but that hasn't happened yet.)

Julien.