[mercury-users] Mercury compiler running in C#

Peter Wang novalazy at gmail.com
Fri Nov 26 13:54:30 AEDT 2010

On 2010-11-25, Jeff Thompson <jeff at thefirst.org> wrote:
> I'm working with the shiny new C# back end. Very nice.  My
> understanding is that the Mercury compiler is also written in
> Mercury.  Can the C# back end compile and run the compiler, so that
> it is fully bootstrapped in C#?

Yes.  It's not supported by the build system, and it's not really fast
enough, but it's possible.  If you want to try it, create a new
directory containing all the *.m files and mercury_dotnet.cs, then run a
command like this (you might need a couple more options):

    mmc -s csharp -m top_level -j4 --no-mercury-stdlib-dir \
	--allow-stubs --link-object mercury_dotnet.cs

Peter