[mercury-users] segmentation violation with wrong syntax sources

Julien Fischer juliensf at csse.unimelb.edu.au
Tue Jun 29 19:18:59 AEST 2010

On Tue, 29 Jun 2010, Jean-Marc Vanel wrote:

> 2010/6/29 Julien Fischer <juliensf at csse.unimelb.edu.au>

>> Ok, that fixes it.  I'll add --no-smart-indexing to the source
>> distribution flags for the time being and update the bug entry.
>

> Is there some way I can test ?
> There is no indication of the CVS server ...

Information on accessing the CVS repository is here:
<http://www.mercury.csse.unimelb.edu.au/information/developers/remote_cvs.html>

The bug won't occur if you rebuild from the Mercury sources in CVS; the
problem is specific to when Mercury is distributed as pre-generated C
files as is the case with the source distribution and then those C files
are used on a 64-bit machine.

(If you're feeling adventurous you build from the Mercury sources, using
the installation you have - that should be okay, since I'm not aware of
there being any non-ASCII characters in the compiler source.)

> Or should I just wait the next rodt ?

That's probably easiest - it usually takes a day or two for changes to
propagate through to the rotds.

Julien.