[mercury-users] Any plans for a Mercury deb package (debian/ubuntu)?

Paul Bone pbone at csse.unimelb.edu.au
Wed Jun 16 14:32:51 AEST 2010

On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 12:14:15AM +1200, Parker Jones wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Are there any plans to release a Mercury debian package?  Last time I installed, it took several hours to compile which is a bit of a barrier to entry.  I wonder how many users would benefit from it being packaged?
>
> Mercury has been packaged before, so perhaps it could be quite painless...
> http://packages.ubuntu.com/dapper/mercury
> http://packages.ubuntu.com/hardy/mercury

I've started work on a Debian package, but unfortunatly I don't have much spare
time to work on this.  I definitly agree that it would be useful.

See: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=379682

> PS:  Perhaps the Mercury release page needs updating.

It is up to date.  0.13.1 is still the current stable release.  We're actively
working on a new stable release.  If you like please try the recent beta
release.