[mercury-users] csharp top_level.exe [was: csharp grade error in mdb.browse.cs]

Jeff Thompson jeff at thefirst.org
Tue Dec 7 18:40:53 AEDT 2010

On 12/6/2010 5:35 PM, Peter Wang wrote:
> On 6 December 2010 19:03, Jeff Thompson<jeff at thefirst.org>  wrote:
>
>> Now to run in Windows...  top_level calls mmc again which on Windows 7 is
>> the Microsoft Management Console.
>> Is there an environment variable or switch so that top_level will call
>> invoke something different than "mmc"?
>>
> No, but if you ensure Mercury's bin directory appears before the
> Windows system directory in the PATH environment variable, then it
> should work.

First of all, on my Solaris box, I used the C# top_level.exe to once
again compile top_level.exe and it worked! Very satisfying.

Now to Windows.  I did change the PATH to put the Mercury bin directory
in front of the Windows system directory.  At the command prompt, when I
type "mmc" it invokes the compiler, but internally top_level.exe is
still invoking the Microsoft Management Console. I don't know if this is
some Windows Vista magic that can't be overridden.

Can I just permanently set the MERCURY_COMPILER and MERCURY_CONFIG_DIR
environment variables so that it doesn't need the mmc script?

Thanks,
- Jeff