[mercury-users] REPL (Read-Eval-Print-Loop) for mercury

Ralph Becket rafe at csse.unimelb.edu.au
Wed Apr 21 11:54:19 AEST 2010

Vladimir Gubarkov, Tuesday, 20 April 2010:
>    REPL
>
>    Is it possible?

Not with our current compiler since code generation goes via the C
compiler.

>    Or are there any plans for introducing it in future?
>
>    I recall it was very useful when I worked with prolog. I heard that
>    it's also very handy in haskell.

I thought that when I started out, but I quickly found I didn't miss a
REPL.  The compiler catches so many errors for me that most of my
programs work the first time.  If that fails, the debugger is excellent.
We've also added trace goals (see the Reference Manual) to support
"debugging printfs".

If you have any questions on any of these topics, do post them here.

Cheers,
-- Ralph