[mercury-users] Mercury runtime problem on Windows

Michael Day mikeday at yeslogic.com
Thu Aug 13 14:38:34 AEST 2009

Hi Paul,

> This should not happen, each process should have it's own set of handlers
> independant of any other process.  I think this would be an implementation
> problem in Windows.

That would be annoying. Is there some way to workaround this in the
Mercury runtime? Perhaps try the call again if it fails?

Alternatively, what happens if the segfault handler is not installed?

Is it necessary for garbage collection, or only the detection of
catastrophic failures? From our perspective, this *is* a catastrophic
failure, so we would rather proceed without it than abort if possible.

Cheers,

Michael

--
Print XML with Prince!