[mercury-users] Crash on MacOS X

Julien Fischer juliensf at csse.unimelb.edu.au
Fri Nov 7 16:40:05 AEDT 2008

On Fri, 7 Nov 2008, Michael Day wrote:

>>> We found it by compiling with GC_ASSERTION as a #define.
>>
>> I'll try this too.
>
> I added -DGC_ASSERTIONS to the Makefiles in boehm_gc and recompiled the
> compiler and Prince with the new compiler. Unfortunately this does not appear
> to help, it still crashes in the same place in the same way, without any
> debug messages or assertions.
>
> Not sure what to try next. Could -DNO_DEBUGGING be causing problems?

I don't know:

* Does disabling Mercury optimizations make the problem go away,
   e.g., compiling with MCFLASG = -O0?

* Does disabling optimizations at the C level make the problem go away,
   e.g. compiling with --cflags="-O0"?

* What version of gcc are you using?

* Does the problem occur if you compile your program in none.gc?
   (note: `none' is the only low-level C base grade that works reliably
   on Mac OS / x86)

Julien.