[mercury-users] Crash on MacOS X

Michael Day mikeday at yeslogic.com
Thu Nov 6 23:21:55 AEDT 2008

> I'll test again with the latest release of the day and see how it goes.

Slightly different error with the latest rotd:

Program received signal EXC_BAD_ACCESS, Could not access memory.
Reason: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at address: 0xbf7fffcc
0x00355bc2 in mercury__builtin__compare_3_p_0 (ti=28447408, res=0x0,
x=0x0, y=0x0) at mercury_ho_call.c:214
214	mercury_ho_call.c: No such file or directory.
	in mercury_ho_call.c
(gdb) bt
#0  0x00355bc2 in mercury__builtin__compare_3_p_0 (ti=28447408, res=0x0,
x=0x0, y=0x0) at mercury_ho_call.c:214
Cannot access memory at address 0xbf7fffdc
Cannot access memory at address 0xbf7fffe0

However, it's still basically a NULL pointer dereference, occurring in
the middle of pure Mercury code with no C code or low-level hackery in
sight, so it's a bit frustrating.

I'll try and narrow down the test case, but it's difficult to even know
where to begin.

Cheers,

Michael

--