[mercury-users] On Warnings!!!

Roy Ward royward770 at actrix.co.nz
Wed Sep 5 19:40:53 AEST 2007

stormie at hotmail.it wrote:
> I usually get warnings when I compile a mercury program on my box.I also got loads of warning during installation steps.
>

> Are these warnings important to consider or should I just ignore them. I am using rotd-2007-08-30 with gcc (GCC) 4.1.2 (Ubuntu 4.1.2-0ubuntu4)

My understanding is that the warnings are due to using asm_fast.gc grade with gcc 4.1 or later. They seem to be harmless
  (I ignore them, and no problems yet). They don't appear with grade hlc.gc, but it's probably not worth switching
grades to remove a few spurious warnings.

I'm guessing there's a gcc compiler switch somewhere that would get rid of those.

Cheers,
Roy Ward.