[mercury-users] asm_fast(.gc) for intel/mac?

Julien Fischer juliensf at csse.unimelb.edu.au
Thu Jan 25 09:54:19 AEDT 2007

On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 doug.auclair at logicaltypes.com wrote:

> Question: is asm_fast(.gc) broken for intel/mac?

Yes.

> I seem to recall
> it compiling just fine for SPARC/Solaris.  If it is broken for intel/mac,
> what would it take to get it working?

The same thing that it would take to get it working for ppc/mac - someone
fixing the problems in gcc's darwin support.  (I think one of the problems
is the gcc bug mentioned in README.MacOS; there may be others, when we
last tried on ppc/mac we couldn't get passed that one though).  Ben
Schmid has been using Mercury on an Intel Mac and he mentioned a few weeks
ago that gcc 4.2 may fix some of the problems.  (There was some discussion
of it on one of the Mercury mailing lists but I don't remember which.)

Cheers,
Julien.