[mercury-users] type_desc vs. type_info

Michael Day mikeday at yeslogic.com
Mon Oct 30 14:04:48 AEDT 2006

Hi Zoltan,

> No. The type "type_desc" is a user-level version of a "type_info",
> which is a system level object. Their representations are very similar,
> but not identical.

What is the meaning of this in the context of the use case that I
mentioned: calling a polymorphic Mercury predicate from C level code?

Specifically, taking a type_desc with type_of/1, passing it down in to
some C code that will pass it back as the argument of a polymorphic
Mercury predicate. In the past, type_of returned a type_info, now it
returns a type_desc. Does this mean that the code is now broken?

Best regards,

Michael

--
Print XML with Prince!