[mercury-users] Your postings about the prospective IDE.

Richard A. O'Keefe ok at cs.otago.ac.nz
Fri Oct 20 13:35:48 AEST 2006

Two points:
	- I think Clean's IDE is for MS-Windows only. They
	have problems with X as I recall.

1.  Clean's IDE is _not_ for MS-Windows only.  I have Clean on a Mac.
    The problem they have with X can be very simply explained:  they
    based it on Sun's XView library, which is dead.

2.  You didn't mention SWI Prolog.  SWI Prolog comes with XPCE,
    an OO GUI kit and Emacs-like editor driven from Prolog.  I would
    think that anyone used to Mercury would find this the really
    obvious place to start.

	Boa is under slow development pace. I have no idea how
	good it is. Scripting languages are probably too slow
	for a GUI IDE !?!

This seems implausible, to say the least.