[mercury-users] Wishes for 0.13.1

Julien Fischer juliensf at csse.unimelb.edu.au
Mon Oct 16 13:31:52 AEST 2006

On Thu, 12 Oct 2006 doug.auclair at logicaltypes.com wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> Perusing the libdocs I didn't see rtree as part of the 0.13.0 distro.

That's because the rtree module is not part of 0.13.0.

> I wish that it would be part of the canon for 0.13.1, please?  It's
> rather troublesome digging up the original (well-documented) sources
> from a tar file to see how to use rtree.

I wasn't intending for it to be part of 0.13.1.  The original reason for not
including it in 0.13 was that (a) it was pretty much untested and (b) the
implementation was pretty much undocumented.  Since it shouldn't really
affect anything else I guess we can include it in 0.13.1 if nobody
has any objections.  (I have an uncommitted fix for (b)).

> Also, it'd also be nice for unboxed float arrays (a la Ralph's module)
> to be generally available

We could add it to the extras distribution.

> (don't know if there are many 64-bit machines that use Mercury).

There should be no problem with using Mercury on 64-bit machines - a
fair amount of work was put in prior to the 0.13 release to make sure
that it does work on them.  Actually, one of our primary development
machines is 64-bit (as are the two new ones we're getting).

Julien.