[mercury-users] Mercury on s390

Julien Fischer juliensf at csse.unimelb.edu.au
Tue Oct 10 13:43:30 AEST 2006

On Tue, 10 Oct 2006, Michael Day wrote:

> Hi,
>
> What is the best grade / options to use to compile Mercury programs on the
> s390?
>
> Building in asm_fast.gc gives this error:
>
> .../lib/mercury/inc/mercury_regs.h:96:6:
> #error "MR_USE_GCC_GLOBAL_REGISTERS not yet supported on this machine."

For the Mercury compiler the list of fastest to slowest grades is:

 	hlc.gc
 	asm_fast.gc
 	hl.gc   (**)
 	reg.gc
 	none.gc

(**) There are some limitations in this grade; notably tabling hasn't
      been implemented.

This is based on some benchmarking we did at the beginning of this year.
(asm_jump.gc should be in there as well but we didn't measure that at
the time.)

Julien.