[mercury-users] Mercury in academic teaching?

Jörg Roman Rudnick joerg.rudnick at t-online.de
Fri Oct 6 04:20:27 AEST 2006

Hi all,

are there any experiences with teaching Mercury instead of Prolog at
academic level?

The head of the chair I'm working at displays unexpected interest in
Mercury - now a completely new question appears in my head:

Is Mercury an option as introduction to logic programming?

Personally very convinced, I am unsure about possible problems in
teaching it as second (or third) language besides Java (and C#) to
students of AI (at a course of study like 'master of business computing').

I would be very interested in your opinions...

All the best,

     Nick