[mercury-users] mmc --make and not installed libraries

Peter Wang wangp at students.csse.unimelb.edu.au
Wed Nov 8 11:38:02 AEDT 2006

On 2006-11-07, Ondrej Bojar <obo at cuni.cz> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Recently, I started to prefer 'mmc --make' to 'mmake'. However, I am not
> able to transform an older mmake trick for mmc. I want to use custom
> mercury libraries in other mercury programs without the necessity of
> installing the libraries over and over. (In fact, I'm debugging library
> routines by using them in another program.)
>
> For mmake, the trick was to add a few lines to Mmakefile of the program
> and just compile the library in its place and then compile the program
> in its place:

This message should help:

Recently a `--search-lib-files-dir' option was added to the compiler to
set a bunch of `--blah-dir' options at once, but I don't think it's in
the 0.13 releases.

> I only managed to reduce the number of libgrades, so that library
> installation process is a bit faster, but I would be grateful for any
> speedup.

You can clear the list of libgrades with `--no-libgrade'.

> Is there at least a way to reuse .c-files and .o-files (of various
> libgrades) when installing the library with mmc? My mmc deletes them
> after every installation.

Hmm, I didn't know that.  I think we should change the behaviour so
that the files aren't removed if `--use-grade-subdirs' is set.

Peter