[mercury-users] Shared memory?

Ondrej Bojar obo at cuni.cz
Fri May 5 02:24:24 AEST 2006

Hi,

I found a question of Peter Ross from last October concerning shared
memory
(http://www.mercury.cs.mu.oz.au/mailing-lists/mercury-users/mercury-users.200510/0003.html)
but I was not able to find any complete answer on the mailing list.

My question is very general: Is it possible to pass some big data to a
different mercury process without serializing and deserializing it? A
solution would be to allocate a big-enough block of shared memory and
copy the data there. Peter Ross mentions MR_deep_copy function but he
misses a function to tell him the space needed for the copy. (I'm in a
worse situation, because I'm really sure if I could use MR_deep_copy
correctly...)

Is there any progress in this? Or are there simpler ways to share large
mercury data structures among processes?

Thanks, Ondrej.

--
Ondrej Bojar (mailto:obo at cuni.cz)
http://www.cuni.cz/~obo