[mercury-users] segfault with rotd-2006-02-24 in asm_fast.gc

Julien Fischer juliensf at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Tue Mar 28 12:17:38 AEDT 2006

On Sun, 26 Mar 2006, Michael Day wrote:

> A while back I posted that when I tried building Prince with
> rotd-2006-02-24 in the asm_fast.gc grade, it crashed with a segfault
> (Prince that is, not the compiler).
>
> However, I've tried it in the hlc.gc grade and it seems to work fine,
> which makes it look like the problem is specific to the asm_fast.gc grade.
>
> Sadly, (from my point of view) that doesn't necessarily mean it's a
> compiler problem :) We have a fair bit of C code in Prince and perhaps
> it's doing something that isn't acceptable in asm_fast.gc any more but
> doesn't cause any problems in hlc.gc, I don't know.

You may have got some `will_not_call_mercury' / `may_call_mercury'
annotations around the wrong way.  (That's certainly caused seg faults
in some of my code before.)

> Anyway, if anyone knows of any issues that are affecting asm_fast.gc but
> not hlc.gc it would be nice to know about them.

None spring to mind.

Julien.