[mercury-users] gcc versions

Julien Fischer juliensf at csse.unimelb.edu.au
Tue Jul 4 18:31:09 AEST 2006

On Mon, 3 Jul 2006, Michael Day wrote:

> What is the best gcc version to use with Mercury?

One that works!  GCC versions that should work are:

	* 2.95.X
		- except the Apple build supplied with OS X.

	* 3.1.X

	* 3.2.X
		- there have been some minor problems with this version
		  but I think we have workarounds in place for most of
		  them.

	* 3.3.X
		- except 3.3.1

	* 3.4.X

Avoid 3.0.X and 4.0.X which are completely broken as far as Mercury is
concerned.  4.1.X should be okay with the hl* grades (and probably the reg
and none grades) but won't work with the asm_fast grades.

> Is gcc 3.4.x okay?

See above.

Julien.