[mercury-users] Chart parsing in mercury

David Allen david.m.allen.uk at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 18 23:35:15 AEST 2006

Hi...

On 17/04/06, Ralph Becket <rafe at cs.mu.oz.au> wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> >    I am trying to create a chart parser in Mercury and was just wondering
> >    what the state of play was with partially instantiated data structures
> >    - i.e are they going to be implemented into the compiler in the near
> >    future or is this still as yet undecided?
>
> Partially instantiated data types are supported by solver types (partial
> instantiation is currently considered too expensive in terms of runtime
> and compiler analysis time to support it for concrete types).  I have
> written a Herbrand solver type, which would give you what you want, but
> have yet to release it.  Give me a little time to tart it up and I'll
> see about adding it to extras.

Thanks Ralph, if you could release it, that would be a great help.

> >    Also has anyone else out there managed to implement a chart parser
> >    in mercury as i would be interested in it performance?
>
> Not that I'm aware of, although it wouldn't surprise me if someone had.
>
> -- Ralph

Also, I've been thinking about fact assertion for the chart table, is
there any other way to do this other than to use Aditi, and is Aditi
still being developed for or is it a dead project - I noticed the
website hasn't been updated for a while?

Thanks,

Dave