[mercury-users] rtree, time and constraints?

doug.auclair at logicaltypes.com doug.auclair at logicaltypes.com
Thu Apr 13 11:44:44 AEST 2006

Dear Ralph, thanks for responding; you wrote:

[snip rtree description, and answers to temporal
and spatial searches with rtrees]

Thanks; I thought it would/should be easy, and
your explanation is in line with my thought
experiment for this project.

>>Is this trivial? Instead, are there papers or
>>other resources to assist me in understanding
>>this data structure for this purpose?
>Googling lists several explanatory papers.

Hm, already tried that, but my search criteria
gave a lot of junque, including one spoof paper
(that I think I may enjoy reading) by an Oleg
McOleg.  Would you recommend a specific search
phrase ('"region tree"+temporal+spatial' didn't
help) or do you have direct links?

[snip non-constraint solution for rtrees]

Thanks again for taking time to answer my
questions.

Sincerely,
Doug Auclair