[mercury-users] What's the header file for using Mercury types in C files?

doug.auclair at logicaltypes.com doug.auclair at logicaltypes.com
Sun Apr 2 08:21:04 AEST 2006

So, I attempted mmc to compile my training_cars.m: 1000 facts, arity 3, one of the
output vars is an alist of 25 pairs.  On sparc.sun.solaris2.8 it dies with a detstack#0
overflow.  On powerpc.apple.darwin8.5, it does not finish after 45 minutes (I have a
15kb app sample if interested), so I terminated that attempt.

training_cars.m is potentially a very small example of what I need to sample.

I saw Zoltan's sample of an alternative approach; I'm wondering about another
way: modelling the fact table in C.  Herein lies my question:

What file do I need to include to compile my C file that uses SUCCESS_INDICATOR
and other MR_ types and macros using gcc?  I am compiling the C object files
separately (not embedding them into the Mercury sources).  I tried including
$MERCURY/lib/mercury/inc/mercury_types.h but there were some errors and
so many warnings that I'm wondering if there's a standard, simple, header
representing Mercury types and macros for C use.

I read the relevant sections of the user-man, which told me to use these types
but I didn't see there what headers to include (with which flags) to be able
actually to use them.

Thanks for the help.

Sincerely,
Doug Auclair