[mercury-users] my problems with parsing.mkEncoding

Tudor Holton taholt at csse.unimelb.edu.au
Thu Nov 3 10:46:05 AEDT 2005

Hello again,

I tried it again the night before last.  This time I get the same error
just with a different address.

%%%%%%%%

*** Mercury runtime: caught segmentation violation ***
cause: address not mapped to object
address involved: a54c0
This may have been caused by a stack overflow, due to unbounded recursion.
exiting from signal handler
%%%%%%%%

This was after I upgraded my extras library to 2005-10-31 to come into
line with the upgrade Julien made.

For the record, mmc's path is
/home/mercury/public/mercury-latest/i386-pc-solaris2.8/bin/mmc

My trouble is, without decldebug I can't show that it's mercury, and
with decldebug I can't show that it isn't decldebug.

I'm starting to think that this is an newbie error.  Perhaps I'm doing
something that's stupidly in plain view and the mercury dudes just
didn't think anybody could be that stupid. :-)

Cheers,
Tudor.