[mercury-users] Re: Mercury program loops for ever with rotd-2003-02-23

Michael Day mikeday at yeslogic.com
Tue Mar 8 20:48:43 AEDT 2005

Hi Julien,

> Build the program and possibly the standard library with C level debugging
> enabled (it's already enabled for the runtime).  You can do that by
> compiling with `--c-debug'.  You should get decent stack traces from gdb
> then.

Well I was already doing that, but it is only a one level stack trace: the
caller is always the Mercury engine.

> I'd suggest first trying it with a more recent rotd as the version of
> Mercury that you're using is over two years old now.

Right, I just wanted to be sure that it was a Mercury issue, and not
something I inadvertedly introduced myself.

I will recheck the problem with rotd-2005-01-11 and see how that goes.

Cheers,

Michael

--
YesLogic Prince prints XML!