[mercury-users] Higher-order calls from foreign code

Ralph Becket rafe at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Wed Aug 3 11:23:29 AEST 2005

Peter Hawkins, Wednesday,  3 August 2005:

> Yes, that's what I did, but I thought it was unnecessarily messy.

If we expose too much back-end detail to the C interface then we become
bound by it.  Indeed, since there is no "one true C back-end" to the
Mercury compiler, it's not clear that such a thing would be possible.

On the other hand, if there are things that are hard or awkward to do
and which are frequently required, we do endeavour to provide sensible
support for them.

So far, calling higher order code from C has not been an issue.

-- Ralph