[mercury-users] mdb interactive query tool

Ian MacLarty maclarty at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Wed Oct 13 13:18:16 AEST 2004

Hi,

Can anybody tell me how I get the interactive query tool working in mdb
on i*86 Linux?  I have a very simple program and build it using:

mmc --mercury-linkage shared --grade asm_fast.gc.tr.debug test4

but when I do "mdb test4" I get:

        1:      1  1 CALL pred test4.main/2-0 (det) test4.m:42
mdb> query list
?- length([1,2,3], X).
dlopen failed: ./libmdb_query.so: cannot open shared object file: No
such file or directory
?- list__length([1,2,3], X).
dlopen failed: ./libmdb_query.so: cannot open shared object file: No
such file or directory
?- list.length([1,2,3], X).
dlopen failed: ./libmdb_query.so: cannot open shared object file: No
such file or directory
?-

I also tried using the following Mmakefile (as recommended in the user
guide):

MGNUCFLAGS = --pic-reg
MLFLAGS = --shared
GRADE=asm_fast.gc.tr.debug

and then using "mmake test4.depend" and "mmake test4", but I get the
same problem.

What am I doing wrong?

Ian.