[mercury-users] Profiling problems with mercury

Peter Hawkins peter at hawkins.emu.id.au
Tue Apr 27 09:49:41 AEST 2004

Hi...

I'm having some problems using a couple of mercury's profiling features, using
Mercury release rotd-2004-03-27.

I'm interested in using deep profiling. However, when I build my code using
GRADEFLAGS=--deep-profiling, the following happens on termination of my
program:
*** Mercury runtime: caught segmentation violation ***
PC at signal: 137140667 (82c99bb)
address involved: 0xa8b9
This may have been caused by a stack overflow, due to unbounded recursion.
exiting from signal handler

Is deep profiling broken?

I am also unable to use mprof -c:
$ mprof -c test_program
Uncaught Mercury exception:
Software Error: relation__lookup_element
Stack dump not available in this grade.

Any suggestions? Is it worth trying a newer ROTD? I can provide more
information if someone suggests what I should provide.

=)
Peter