[mercury-users] Why won't mercury-0.11.i686-pc-cygwin configure?

Byron Hale byron.hale at einfo.com
Wed Oct 22 10:43:37 AEST 2003

Hi,

I tried a cygwin installation, but get the configure error:
"compiler cannot create executables." What is this likely
to mean in this context. The compiler seems to be gcc 3.2.

What could be done about this? After waiting for years to
have a Mercury installation, I'm getting a bit antsy.

I have, currently, RH Linux 7.3 i686 and WinNT/VC++6/7.

I could put in another whole hard drive for a Mercury system,
but I'm not sure what requirements would be best for that.

Thanks,

Byron Hale