Re: [mercury-users] linker error

mauro_c2r@libero.it mauro_c2r at libero.it
Thu May 15 00:01:11 AEST 2003

On 13-May-2003, mauro_c2r at libero.it wrote:
> I use the source distribution, installed simply:
> ./configure
> make
> make install
> make clean
>
> The environment variable MERCURY_MATH_LIB was not set!

In general it shouldn't need to be. The only environment variable you need
to set is PATH. In Mercury 0.11, setting the MERCURY_MATH_LIB environemnt
variable allows you to override the way in which the Mercury linker will
link in the math library. The default is determined when `configure'
is run.

> So I set it to:
> export MERCURY_MATH_LIB="/usr/lib/libm.so"
> But now I get another error:
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lc

What happens when you do what I originally suggested?

...Same thing as before:
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lc
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

....maybe I'd better change linux distribution....
M.

--
Fergus Henderson | "I have always known that the pursuit
The University of Melbourne | of excellence is a lethal habit"