[mercury-users] goal manipulation

Alan Baljeu alanb at cornerstonemold.com
Thu Jun 19 04:23:03 AEST 2003

I have a prolog program which I'm looking at rewriting.
I was thinking Mercury might be the way to go.

A critical feature of my program is that it looks at a collection of non-deterministic
goals which are generated at run-time, analyzes them, and reorders them for evaluation.
This is not unlike Mercury's mode analysis, but it is not the same thing so I need to code
the algorithm to do this myself.  After this, I need to execute the goals in sequence.

What approach would you recommend to achieve this task in Mercury?  From the archives, I
read that meta-programming is only supported through calling the compiler executable.
That doesn't seem appropriate, but I'm not sure.

Alan