[mercury-users] Switching on strings

Thomas Conway conway at mds.rmit.edu.au
Thu Jul 24 14:19:38 AEST 2003

On Thursday 24 July 2003 13:55, Ralph Becket wrote:
> Is it really the case that the majority of your application logic is on
> the critical path?  Or is the problem more along the lines of garbage
> collection simply not being an option?

Certainly the latter is true. Specifically, we tried the Bohem GC at one stage
and the performance was really really really bad (e.g. between 1 and 2 orders
of magnitude worse - decimal orders, not binary ;-)).

T.
--
Dr Thomas Conway                            Multimedia Database Systems, RMIT
<conway at mds.rmit.edu.au>      499 User Error: Replace user and press ANY key.