[mercury-users] Calling Mercury from C

Michael Day mikeday at yeslogic.com
Fri Jul 11 15:16:39 AEST 2003

> In general the representation of Mercury closures can vary depending on
> the Mercury compiler options -- they are represented differently in
> different grades.

Okay, so the export mechanism can be used as a grade-independent method of
calling Mercury closures from C.

One question though, what about type classes? I am currently calling
polymorphically typed predicates from C by passing an explicit type_info
and everything works very nicely. However the reference manual does not
appear to describe how to call an exported Mercury function that is
polymorphically typed with type class constraints.

Presumably passing a method dictionary?

Michael

--
YesLogic Prince prints XML!