[mercury-users] Cross-compiling with mingw32

Michael Day mikeday at yeslogic.com
Fri Feb 14 11:08:37 AEDT 2003

> Well, you should be able to configure Mercury that way, and it should work.

It refuses to detect integer sizes and tag bits and things like that.

> I suggest the following procedure:
> Let us know if it works!

I ran into the same problem that Douglas had due to /mercury/ints/Mercury
being full of empty directories rather than symbolic links to .. (I used
unzip to decompress the binary distribution; don't know what's up with
that).

After fixing that the compiler appeared to work, but ran into trouble when
attempting to compile the generated C files.

In the hlc.gc grade:
std_util.m:1158: badly punctuated parameter list in `#define'

In the asm_fast.gc grade it compiled successfully, but when linking:
/usr/bin/ld: bad -rpath option

In the asm_fast.gc grade with intermodule optimisation:
In file included from
/usr/local/mercury-0.11.0-mingw/lib/mercury/ints/Mercury/opts/benchmarking.mh:28,
                 from
/usr/local/mercury-0.11.0-mingw/lib/mercury/ints/Mercury/opts/benchmarking.opt:6:
/usr/local/mercury-0.11.0-mingw/lib/mercury/inc/mercury_timing.h:19:
sys/param.h: No such file or directory

----

I await further instructions for cross-compiling mayhem :)

Michael