[mercury-users] Cross-compiling with mingw32

Michael Day mikeday at yeslogic.com
Thu Feb 13 20:35:28 AEDT 2003

Hi,

Is it possible to use mingw32 with Mercury on Linux to cross compile
programs intended to run on Windows?

Using mmc --cc mingw32-gcc appears to work, but it fails to link as it
does not know to use mingw32-ld and of course there is no version of the
Mercury standard library compiled with mingw32 installed.

I cannot configure Mercury with --with-cc mingw32-gcc as the configure
script appears to default lots of values to unknown if $cross_compiling is
yes, and I get the feeling that I am approaching this the wrong way. Is
there some documentation regarding cross compiling or is this unlikely to
work?

Thanks,

Michael