[mercury-users] build error (CLR: not found)

Wendelin Reich wreich at gmx.net
Tue Feb 4 06:54:24 AEDT 2003

Dear Fergus,

Thanks, everything works now. The problem was that I have Visual
Studio.NET installed and thought this would suffice as a substitute for
the .NET SDK, but ./configure doesn't realize that VS.NET installs tools
like cl.exe under C:\Program Files. I reinstalled the SDK and everything
compiled just fine.

Could I ask you to make a note of this in README.DotNET (e.g., after
"The port is currently targetted at the Microsoft .NET SDK version 1."
you could add "Users of Visual Studio.NET currently have to install the
SDK for the configuration and compilation to work, but it can be
deinstalled afterwards.)?

Regarding the Mingw and Cygwin binary distributions for x86 and
MS-Windows, I just saw that currently four of the six respective links
from http://www.cs.mu.oz.au/research/mercury/download/release.html
(including your own) are broken (only those to FTP sites work).

Thanks again, Wendelin