[mercury-users] :- pragma doc

Dominique de Waleffe ddw at missioncriticalit.com
Fri Oct 25 18:44:00 AEST 2002

  >>> "Manuel" == Manuel Hermenegildo <herme at clip.dia.fi.upm.es> writes:

>> Is there any support for embedding arbitrary non-code information in a
>> Mercury file aside from comments? I believe there was once a proposal for
>>
>> :- doc("foo").
>>
>> or something like that, how about ignoring unrecognised pragmas, so that
>> people can say things like
>>
>> :- pragma doc("blah").
>> :- pragma my_special_directive([1,2,3]).
>>
>> or whatever, without bothering the compiler?

Manuel> I don't know of anyone who has tried with Mercury, but people have
Manuel> used 'lpdoc' for documenting Prolog programs in that way. lpdoc works
Manuel> specially well with Ciao programs but people have used it for SICStus

My prefrence has always been to use the simplest of these LitProg
tools which is nuweb, totally language agnostic and require minimal
extra markup. nuweb is on sourceforge nowadays.

D.