[mercury-users] Various Queries.... asap

Nancy Mazur Nancy.Mazur at cs.kuleuven.ac.be
Tue Oct 15 23:42:00 AEST 2002

* Noel  Pinto <cool4life at rediffmail.com> [2002-10-15 15:18]:

> >> 5) When compiling the modules with mmc, what is the
> >difference
> >> between short-int, priv-int and int interfaces.
> >
> >You don't need to know.  Just use Mmake (or the new `mmc --make'
> >option).
> >
> >But, since you asked: the private interface (`.int0') file
> >contains
> >information about the implementation section of a module, for
> >use
> >when compiling sub-modules.  The short interface file (`.int2')
> >contains only type, inst, mode, and typeclass declarations;
> >these
> >files are needed for module-qualifying references to those
> >entities when
> >creating the ordinary interface file (`.int').
>
> When I compile my files and make interfaces, I use
> mmc --make-int filename1.m filename2.m .......
>
> It works fine.
> So, Is it necessary to compile the code with...
> mmc --make-short-int filename1.m filename2.m .......
>
> and
>
> mmc --make-priv-int filename1.m filename2.m .......

Why don't you simply use mmake? I guess only one of your files contains
a "main" predicate, say "mainfile.m". It suffices to do

mmake mainfile.depend

and then

mmake mainfile

and that should be it.

As a normal programmer you shouldn't be concerned by all those int, date
and whatsoever files. They are needed because the compiler needs them...
there is nothing more to it...

Have fun,
Nancy