[mercury-users] Generating documentation from .m files

Ralph Becket rafe at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Wed Nov 27 09:05:54 AEDT 2002

Pieter Laeremans, Tuesday, 26 November 2002:

> I would like to know wheter there is a tool to generate (I suppose so)
> the GNU info and html documentation from mercury code?

This question gets asked from time to time.  So far we (the developers)
haven't found much need for it.  We try to ensure that comments in the
interface sections of modules are clear and comprehensive (the on-line
library documentation is simply the interface sections of the public
library modules.)

If you need a literate programming tool, funnelweb is mature, well
liked and language agnostic: http://www.ross.net/funnelweb/

If you're after a sort of Visual Studio code walking tool, well, we have
a summer student working on VS integration with Mercury, although he'll
be concentrating on integrating the Mercury build system and error
reporting rather than code analysis.

- Ralph