[mercury-users] lisp macros

Michael Day mikeday at bigpond.net.au
Thu May 30 17:00:29 AEST 2002

> My guess is that any scheme like this would have to be provided with
> access to "mostly" parsed Mercury, in which it would be possible to at
> least identify goals, declarations, expressions and so forth and,
> possibly, identification of variables local to a goal or expression.
> One would also want the ability to introduce new auxiliary predicates.
>
> As for being powerful enough to do the job of Moose, I'd imagine so.

Wouldn't it be difficult for the compiler to parse a module that contained
macros that acted on that module itself? Would it be necessary to define
macros in one module to use them in another? That way the macro module
could be compiled and then executed by the compiler on the second
module...

Michael