[mercury-users] mmc --make and -o

Michael Day mikeday at bigpond.net.au
Sat May 18 17:42:57 AEST 2002

> Another possible solution would be to use the new `-f' option,
> which generates a mapping from module name to source file name:
>
> 	cd $output_dir
> 	mmc -f $source_dir/*.m
> 	mmc --make main_module

That's a pretty good solution, as I'm already using the -f option at the
moment.

> Why do you want to do this?

I want to be able to build from the source directory and put the output in
another directory as there is rather a lot of output (many test case
binaries) and there is also the possibility of building in multiple
grades, to compile for profiling for example without clobbering the
previous compile.

Incidentally the combination of -f and --make options are very convenient,
and give a lot more flexibility than in the past, it's handy :)

Michael