[mercury-users] Mercury on Solaris

Fergus Henderson fjh at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Tue May 7 14:55:01 AEST 2002

On 07-May-2002, Michael Day <mikeday at bigpond.net.au> wrote:

> > Running a program compiled with rotd-2002-02-07 on Solaris produces the
> > following error:
>
> That was using the binary distribution from the FTP site. When using the
> source distribution of rotd-2002-05-02 however, the compiled program does
> not seem to crash. What is wrong with these more recent versions that
> prevents there being a Solaris binary available?

Our release-of-the-day distributions are produced by an automated
process, which only puts the binary releases on the FTP site only if
they bootstrap and pass all the tests in our test suite, whereas the
release-of-the-day source distributions are put on the ftp site if they
bootstrap, even though they may have failed on some test cases.

I don't know which test case(s) the rotd-2002-05-02 version failed on
Solaris, because we only preserve the results of the last three test runs.