[mercury-users] Next major release (was curried fns/dispatch tables)

Douglas Michael Auclair dauclair at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 9 11:24:51 AEST 2002

>From: Fergus Henderson (fjh at cs.mu.OZ.AU)
[...]
>The next release including new features would be 0.11. We don't have any
>specific plans for release dates. In part it depends on user demand.

Well, then, here's one user that requests the next major release.  The
features discussed seem to be in common usage already, as the number of
posts indicate, so a new release makes sense.

I can get by without these features (e.g. I'm currently using predicates
arity 2 (first argument (the key) is string, second argument (the value) is
a predicate) to replace maps), but I'd like to be able to use a system that
isn't missing features in common usage on the mercury-users maillist.

A major release with the new features would be particularly helpful for the
work I do:  besides doing exploratory programming and research, I develop
prototypes for and deliver systems to commercial and non-commercial clients.

Or not.  Like I've written, I can get by with workarounds, and 0.10.1 with
the package of extras is an excellent system for delivering systems.  I
thank the Mercury group for providing it.

Sincerely,
Doug Auclair