[mercury-users] Sockets?

Michael Day mikeday at bigpond.net.au
Mon Jan 14 09:32:05 AEDT 2002

> I see MCORBA, but I don't see a socket lib ... is it part of the stream/
> extras?

The extras/posix module provides the standard sockets functions. It
doesn't allow you to use the existing io read/write predicates on sockets
though, you have to work at the system call level or provide your own
wrappers on top.

(The stream stuff has a sockets module too I think - one day some version
of streams that actually works without causing arguments will be in the
standard library and then Life Will Be Good :)

Michael