[mercury-users] intermodule optimization and type classes

Michael Day mikeday at bigpond.net.au
Wed Jan 2 18:15:58 AEDT 2002

Hi,

I get a compile error like this when I turn on intermodule optimization:

ints/vector.int:004: Error: typeclass `vector:vector/1' multiply defined.
int2s/vector.int2:003:   Here is the previous definition of typeclass `vector:vector/1'.
ints/vector.int:004:   The superclass constraints do not match.

Now, it really is only defined in one place, and it compiles and runs fine
when the option is turned off. Is this likely to be my fault? ie: a
symptom of incorrect module imports that is only picked up when
intermodule optimization is turned on?

Michael