[mercury-users] constrained polymorphic mode error

David Overton dmo at cs.mu.OZ.AU
Mon Aug 12 17:39:30 AEST 2002

On Fri, Aug 09, 2002 at 08:14:18PM +0200, Tom Schrijvers wrote:
> > That one looks to me at first glance like a compiler bug.
> > When I tried to simplify the test case, the compiler threw up its hands
> > ("Uncaught Mercury exception: Software Error: ... unify_inst failed"),
> > which indicates that it is definitely a bit confused about these constructs.
> >
> > Thanks for reporting this -- we will look into it and see if we can
> > come up with a fix.
> >
> > Note that this is a fairly new feature, which is not included in the
> > latest stable release, so I guess it is not *too* suprising that it
> > may have some bugs.
>
> I am aware that it is not part of the stable release yet.
> I have been looking at the stable release first and trying to get my closures
> implemented there, but the modes wouldn't work out. So I was really glad
> to see this feature in the current snapshot, because it looks like the
> solution to my problems.
>
> Thanks for the reply and for implementing this great feature!

I've just committed a fix for this bug which should appear in the next
ROTD.

David
--
David Overton                  Uni of Melbourne     +61 3 8344 9159
dmo at cs.mu.oz.au                Monash Uni (Clayton) +61 3 9905 5779