[mercury-users] This Year's Mercury Entry for the ICF 2001 Contest

Richard A. O'Keefe ok at atlas.otago.ac.nz
Wed Sep 12 08:04:09 AEST 2001

	> We clearly need a declarative scripting language.

I think it's important to be clear about exactly what problems that is
supposed to solve.  Is there anyone who has used Scsh and/or Guile and
has any comments?

Perhaps the starting point should be to work through POSIX.2 (Commands
and Utilities) and try to characterise the behaviour of as many commands
and utilities as possible in some fashion so that something rather like
type checking could be used.  Then design the scripting language in the
light of the lessons learned by doing this.