[mercury-users] Mercury and MingW32 (instead of CygWin32).

Peter Ross peter.ross at miscrit.be
Mon Nov 19 20:10:45 AEDT 2001

Didier wrote:

> Thanks for you answer,
> Effectivly, the front compiler is gcc. MIngW32 does not emulate Unix like
> CygWin32, but use the dll of win32 to access the system. As you said that
> you can compile with visual C++, it sould be possible to do it with
> MingW32. I will have a look to the Mmake to see if I can manage the
> necessary tweak.

I have thought about this some more.  There is another problem that
I haven't told you about.  You will probably also need to work on getting
the
runtime to compile.  This will probably require modifications to the
./configure
script so as to get the runtime to compile.

If you look in runtime/mercury_conf_param.h you will see some #defines
which are defined when the Win32 API is available.  I am not sure if that
is all you will need.

Anyway feel free to let me know any problems you encounter, as I can
probably help you resolve them.

Regards,
Peter